No-noodle lasagna sounds completely pointless. Why would you bother cooking lasagna at all if there aren’t any noodles involved?
Well, because I’ve been craving lasagna and I’m on a low-carb/high-protein diet, that’s why.
In my quest to search for recipes that comply with that, I found this. It’s also been referred to as a “ricotta bake.”
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz tomato sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Cook 1 lb of ground beef, just till brown, and seasoned to taste with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Once browned, strain ground beef and set aside to cool off.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta, eggs, and seasoning (Italian, salt, pepper, garlic powder).
- Add beef to ricotta mixture and stir.
- Spread mixture in 9×9 square pan.
- Top with 12 oz sauce (I used Ragu Traditional Pizza Sauce because pizza sauce is delicious).
- Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 22 minutes.
In all, the meal probably takes about 30 minutes to make. It’s delicious and tastes just as good warmed up. Next time, I think I’ll add some mushrooms to the ricotta mixture. Enjoy!