My dog, Obi, turned four years old on March 16. It wouldn’t have been a proper birthday without a treat just for him. I made a version of this recipe by Doggy Dessert Chef. (Last year, I made Obi this Rachael Ray recipe for “mighty muffins.”) I don’t think Obi is particular about what kind of meat he gets, as long as he gets it.
Dog-Friendly Meat Muffins
- 1/2 lb of ground beef (I used 90/10)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of oats
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Thoroughly mix ground beef, egg, oats, and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
- Roll mixture into six 2″ balls and put into muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, then serve.
Your dog will thank you.