I’m trying to get better about meal prep for the week. Honestly, my husband and I have kind of been killin’ it. Last week, we made some amazing garlic parm chicken drumsticks to have during the week for dinner and we loved it. It felt just as decadent as eating out, only not quite as pricey or caloric. (Not to mention, if we ordered out, I’d totally have to get some fries or something to go with it, whereas this chicken can instead be paired with some delicious butternut squash or your veggie of choice.)
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- ~3 lbs of drumsticks (10 drumsticks)
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 4 T olive oil
- 4 T butter
- 1 1/2 T minced garlic
- 3 T parsley
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange chicken on greased, foil-lined pan.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and drain the liquid as best you can.
- Put chicken back in the oven to broil on low for 15-20 minutes. (Be sure you check on the chicken to make sure it doesn’t burn!)
- While broiling, start prepping for the sauce by sautéing the olive oil, butter, and garlic for about 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour sauce in a bowl along with parsley and salt.
- Toss each drumstick in the bowl and coat with sauce, placing each drumstick back on the pan once its done.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over chicken.
- Put drumsticks back in oven and broil on low for 3 additional minutes.