Ready for fall? I am. And I’m all about fall-related treats to go with my favorite season, especially if it’s apple- or pumpkin-flavored. If you’re anything like me, you’ll love these spiced apple slices, which are delicious and take all of 20 minutes to make.
This recipe has been adapted from a recipe in Savory magazine.
- 3 apples (I used Gala)
- 4 T butter (I used Brummel & Brown)
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t ground nutmeg
- Cut the apples into wedges, removing the core. You do not need to remove the skin.
- Heat the butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
- Add apples.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and nutmug and mix apples. Cover saucepan and cook on high for 10 minutes. You may increase or decrease cook time base on the apple consistency you prefer. This cook time will leave the apples soft, but not mushy.
According to Savory, you can eat these apples over oatmeal or salads, with roast chicken or pork, or over ice cream. I prefer to eat mine straight as a delicious snack, with granola, or with some sausage. So good, and it tastes exactly like fall.