I’m happy. I’ve been feeling like I’m at a great place in my life—with my husband and my dog, of course, who are my lights—but with everything else, too: work, friends, family, me. Things just feel good and I’m trying to savor that feeling. My therapist has been trying to help me be more positive (Lizandra, you’d be so proud) and I feel like it’s been working. Maybe it’s the sunshine or maybe it’s just that life can just be pretty great sometimes. All I know is I want to bask in this.
That said, I haven’t been taking as many outfit photos lately, especially as I’ve been working hard to get my spending under control (thus, less new clothes to show off). But I did nab a couple of photos!
Here are some of the things I wore in April.
I really like this dress, which is a great combination of loose and cute and also it has pockets which you all know that I love.
- Dress: 25 Central
- Leggings: Old Navy
- Boots: DSW
It took me a while to wear this outfit as I feel like it’s the most I’ve ever shown off my belly. Let’s be real: I’m fat, and my polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) makes it so that I tend to carry my weight right in my stomach. So, it took me a long time of staring at this dress (a gift from my mom) in my closet before I finally gained the courage to wear it out.
I wore it.
And nothing bad happened!
I even felt pretty good in it. I am always seeing these amazing plus-size beauties on Instagram showing off their belly, so why not me? It may not be an all-the-time thing for me, but I shouldn’t be ashamed of my body. It’s taken me nearly 30 years to realize that, and I definitely still struggle (especially with feelings about my upper arms and back), but I’m working on it.
- Dress: LuLaRoe (thanks, ma!)
- Tights: WeLoveColors.com
- Boots: DSW
- Cardigan: Forever 21
Okay, so, this isn’t a typical “what I wore” photo, but I did wear this makeup, and I loved it. I never wear lipstick, but I think I could! On a lazy Saturday afternoon, I decided to toy around with some of the makeup that’s been piling up in my vanity (a combination of Ipsy gems and my impulse purchases).
Surprisingly, I loved this red matte lip.
Then I decided to venture even further out of the box and go for a red glitter lip, because why not?
- Brows: Colourpop Brow Boss Pencil (dark brown)
- Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (perversion) and Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel EyelinerMaybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (blackest black)
- Mascara: essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara (black)
- Red matte lip: Milani Amore Mattes Lip Crème (devotion)
- Red glitter lip: Perfek Kiss Chucky’s Mistress and Perfek Kiss Magik Stik
Plus, here are things I did in April, which included:
- Savoring every magnificent moment of Beychella (and then obsessing over it, talking about it, thinking about it, listening to other people analyze it, and loving it all over again)
- Listening to new music, including the Cardi B and Chloe x Halle albums
- Finally meeting up with April, my longtime Tumblr/Twitter friend, as she visited Brown in Providence (I love the internet! Thanks for bringing me such great friends!)
- Finished a lovely, wonderful project at work called “Building Bridges”, which was aimed at bringing people together across their differences and celebrate the diversity in this big, beautiful world
- Took advantage of the first nice day in April with my husband and visited our favorite winery
- Had dinner with Bill and two wonderful (new to me, old to him!) friends
- Spent some quality time with my friends and their hilarious, adorable kids
- Ate some pie because of some good work news (which I can share soon!)
- Petted dogs at work because of course
- Tried to go to People’s Court (yes, the TV show), failed, and turned the day around by stopping by Milkcraft for some incredible ice cream
A great April and I’m ready for May, an upcoming vacation, and turning 30!